New Studio Space!
We're thrilled to announce our new studio at Cornerstone Music Café in Southeast Calgary! We've been decorating and DIY-ing getting ready for you! We can finally bring our art therapy and educational classes to you in person. Adults, teens, and children are welcome to join us for some creative fun. Come to our grand opening on September 23rd, 2023 from 1-4 pm. Drop by for some art, treats made fresh in the café, and a chance to connect with our community. We can't wait to share our passion with you!
Sat, Oct 07|
Nurture Nest at Cornerstone Music Café
Adult Art Hive
Join us Saturdays for our Art Hive Open Studio. An Art Hive is a 3 hour block of time where participants can make art and collaborate with other creative community members while supported by a Nurture Nest Art Facilitator/Art Therapist. Registration required.
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2023, 1:00 PM MDT – Oct 08, 2023, 4:00 PM MDT
Nurture Nest at Cornerstone Music Café , 14919 Deer Ridge Dr SE #139, Calgary, AB T2J 7C4, Canada
About the event
“Communities are not built of friends, or of groups of people with similar styles and tastes, or even of people who like and understand each other. They are built of people who feel they are part of something that is bigger than themselves. To build community requires only the ability to see value in others: to look at them and see a potential partner in one's enterprise. -Suzanne Goldsmith, A City Year, 1997
Booking is require to save your space at our booking website HERE
Location: Nuture Nest Art Therapy & Education Studio is located at the back of Cornerstone Music Cafe, SE Calgary.
You will see a sign beyond the front counter at the back of the cafe
- $30 for a 3 hour booking (6 adults max in the space)
- Teens and adults are welcome ages 13 plus.
- Includes access to art studio, all art materials and guided by an art therapist/facilitator.
Our Community Art Hive:
· welcomes everyone as an artist and believes art making is a human behavior.
· celebrates the strengths and creative capacities of individuals and communities.
· fosters self-directed experiences of creativity, learning, and skill sharing.
· encourages emerging leaders of all ages.
· shares resources including the abundant materials available for creative reuse.
· experiments with ideas through humble inquiry and arts-based research. (source: arthives.org)